“This was a truly a visual experience of peacefulness! Highly recommend this boat ride! We actually saw mountain deer!”
“This cruise was much better than we expected, especially since it was pouring rain when we arrived. The steamboat was warm and cozy and the crew were super friendly and helpful. Once the cruise started, the rain didn’t matter. We could enjoy the beautiful scenery, including sightings of bald eagle and bighorn sheep. The captain’s commentary was very informative and crew member John brought samples of local rocks to our table and told us all about them. He also had great suggestions for local hikes and other attractions.”
- Flora and Fauna – Saguaro, cholla, barrel, and prickly pear cacti
- Desert Landscape – Palo verde, mesquite, creosote, tamarisk, sage and desert brittlebush
- Wildlife – desert bighorn sheep, mule deer, white-tailed deer, coyotes, javalina, ring-tailed cats, bobcats and mountain lions
- Birds of Prey – Bald eagles, falcons, hawks, vultures and many other species to catch your eye
As former President Theodore Roosevelt stated, “The Apache Trail and surrounding area combines the grandeur of the Alps, the glory of the Rockies, the magnificence of the Grand Canyon and then adds an indefinable something that none of the others have.” He said, “It is to me, the most awe-inspiring and sublimely beautiful panorama around.
What Is Not Included?
- Snacks and beverages are not part of the ticket price but may be purchased onboard. (CASH OR CHECK ONLY)
- We prefer it if you bring cash or check if you plan on utilizing the bar.
- 16 miles NE of Apache Junction at Canyon Lake (Canyon Lake, AZ)(Exact meeting location details will be provided immediately upon purchase of tickets.)
- The ticket booth will open 25 to 45 minutes prior to departure. Arrival time is 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
- Reservations are recommended to guarantee passage. Cruises are subject to availability and tend to sell out.
- Please inform a crew member of any special needs.
- Tickets are sold and passes are handed out on a first come-first serve basis, starting with reservations. If there is room available, walk ons will be taken after all reservations arrive. All passengers, including children must have a boarding pass.
- Boarding will be done by the captain. We ask that you DO NOT block or go to the walkway until directed by the crew or captain. We will board those with special needs and one helper first. (Please only hold one table for the remainder of your group)
- All children must wear and keep on a life jacket, please inform the captain of the weight of your child.
- No beverages, food, alcohol, firearms (ccw holders ok) or weapons allowed. Unopened bottle water is ok.
- A snack bar is available on board with water, soda’s, snacks and alcohol. Please keep in mind that it is cash or check only. No credit cards please.
- No glass containers are allowed at Canyon Lake.
- Crew will check all carry-ons, so please have coolers, purses, and small bags unzipped and open for inspection as you board the Dolly.
- Smoking is not allowed on board.
- Pets are allowed on board if potty trained, quiet and non-aggressive. Pets must stay on the outer lower decks and are not allowed in the carpeted areas or upstairs unless they are a medical licenses animal.
An unforgettable vista of volcanic “welded Tuff” canyons and 1300 foot cliffs awaits you on Canyon Lake. This awe-inspiring “Diamond in the Rough” is one of Arizonas’ best-kept secrets! This cruise is recommended for guests of all ages.
Nestled in the heart of the Superstition Mountains lies spectacular Canyon Lake, home of the Dolly Steamboat. Cruise the secluded inner waterway of this beautiful lake. Discover the beauty of the lower Sonoran Desert and listen to our captain recount some of the legends of the Superstition Mountains.